S&L Works with Citygate Church to Complete New Campus
Citygate Church, which originated in Cincinnati and was once a mobile church with a congregation of 70, has grown significantly over the years, and become a thriving multi-site movement. In July 2021, Citygate decided to expand into the Forest Park, OH community. Dustan White (Production Director at Citygate Church) called on Nathan Tomberlin, an Account Executive at S&L Integrated Systems to design and install the systems needed for their new campus – with an incredibly short timeline for completion by the beginning of October 2021. Nathan assured Dustan that S&L would do everything possible to get the job done on time and on budget.
S&L Integrated designed, supplied, and installed a truss and motor infrastructure for lighting, power sequencing, audio infrastructure, comm systems, distributed audio systems, and Qsys control systems. The S&L team worked day and night to complete the installation, paying close attention to detail to ensure the Church was satisfied with their new lighting design. S&L was able to complete this project for Citygate church within their time frame with determination, focus, and commitment. It has been an honor to work with Citygate Church, and we are so thankful to have been a part of their journey and growth.
Forest Park, OH
House of Worship
Allen and Heath
Windy city wire
Citygate System Descriptions
- Lighting – The lighting system features Elation Fuze SFX, Elation WW Profile HP, and Platinum ZFX moving head fixtures (transferred from Citygate’s Lebanon campus), all on a motorized truss system to provide full flexibility and function for set changes. Lighting is controlled via Lightkey.
- Motor Infrastructure – A motorized truss system provides full flexibility and function for set changes at Citygate. A total of eighteen ½ Ton Stagemaker entertainment hoists were used to provide the following truss positions: Upstage Left, Upstage Center, Upstage Right, Mid-Stage, Altar, and Front of House. The motors are powered and controlled via a Motion Labs install power/control system with a 24-way pendant remote controller that can be extended 100’ into the room to control from any position.
- Power Sequencing – With so many systems being integrated, a power sequencing system is key in the success of all systems operations. Not all equipment is designed to be turned on at the same time. A combination of Lyntec power sequencing products were implemented in the sequencing design to control the power up and power down of all audio, video, and lighting systems.
- Live Audio – The audio infrastructure was designed with Allen and Heath D-Live S7000 (FOH) and C2500 (Broadcast), using DX164 stage boxes, Waves Cards, and a Dante network. This system allows the users to utilize Allen and Heath’s tie-line patching as a means for audio conversion and distribution through their Dante network and for broadcast audio.
- Monitors – A mixture of Allen and Heath ME-1 personal monitor mixers (band) and Shure PSM900 Transmitter/Receivers (vocalists) provide a high-quality experience for the worship team.
- Patching – A DMX and Audio Network patching system was designed to provide complete flexibility for lighting and audio communications in all input/output locations on the stage. This allows for the user to designate any DMX or Ethernet port on the stage to patch to the DMX universe or audio network type of their choice.
- Distributed Audio – Martin Audio Adorn Series Pendants are distributed through-out the lobby and gathering areas and provide music or service audio to these areas – controlled by QSC C1 controllers and a Q-sys Core.
- Comm Systems – An integrated Clear-Com system was designed to allow production team members to communicate from locations such as video broadcast, audio broadcast, front of house, and roaming cameras.
Ready to talk to an expert?